Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Summer Shows, plus 1

Exciting news today! For the first time, I've been accepted to exhibit at the Sausalito Art Festival over Labor Day weekend. This is one of the most prestigious arts festivals on the West Coast. Now, I've got three really great "left-coast" Summer shows to do this year instead of two: the Bellevue Art Museum ArtsFair, in Bellevue, Washington, July 25-27; the San Francisco American Craft Show (put on by the American Craft Council), August 15-17; and now, for the first time for me, the Sausalito Art Festival, Sausalito, California, August 29 through September 1.

With so many Summer shows lined up, each two weeks apart, I'm in a rapidly increasing work mode trying to get as many new instruments done in the next three months. I've recently completed four new bowed psalteries, and I now have four new mini-hog-nose psalteries on the bench. I've also recently completed several small hand-carved whistles, and I've roughed out quite a few new spoons and spurtles. My bigger instruments, like dulcimers, rotes, and such, are in process and should be completed by the time I have to pack up everything. I am working "Eight Days a Week."

Time to make more sawdust. For more info on my work, go to my website at http://www.cooginstruments.com/.

No comments: