The final Chapter House instrument is in progress! All of the Westminster Abbey Chapter House wall painting instruments I've done up to now have been stringed instruments, and for years I've been threatening to build the last one, a portative organ.
I started out by making three test pipes, all that sounded very nice. With that success, I then went on to make 20 more pipes of various sizes. This last week I completed the pipe chest, the segmented box that all the pipes fit in, and I'm just starting to fit the pipes into the holes.
So far, this has been about a three month project, and will probably run over a year, since I'm researching pipe organ theory and construction as I go along. It's a fun project. Stay tuned.