Sunday, September 28, 2008

IT'S OPEN STUDIOS TIME AGAIN!

Today was the reception for the big Open Studios Art Tour Preview Exhibition. Hundreds of arts and crafts enthusiasts and artists filled up the Santa Cruz Art League gallery and lobby, and it seemed there were hundreds more outside for the food, drinks, and entertainment. A good time was had by all! (The picture is me with my "Luttrell Harp" at the reception.)

My wife and I had a lot of fun seeing and talking to all our old friends and meeting new ones. It's a great event to catch up on everyone's past year of shows and new works. It's also a great place to network and learn about other shows and galleries, and even to get inspiration for new works. Just talking to other artists can trigger ideas.

The Open Studios Art Tour is the first three weekends in October. October 4-5 is for South Santa Cruz County, October 11-12 is for North Santa Cruz County (my area), and October 18-19 is the Encore Weekend for the entire county. (I'm open for Encore too.) Calendars/Artist Guides, with a map showing the locations of all the artists are available at many stores and galleries throughout the county. To find out where to purchase the calendar, or buy over the internet, go to the Santa Cruz County Cultural Council website at http://www.ccscc.org/. Be sure to visit the Santa Cruz Art League to see the Preview Exhibit, and you can see examples of nearly all the Open Studios artists. For Art League hours and directions, visit their website at http://www.scal.org/.

Then... come and visit me, see my studio, and purchase a fine piece of musical sculpture!

I'm Artist #234 in the Calendar/Artist Guide, at 147 Sacramento Avenue, Santa Cruz, California. My location is just off West Cliff Drive, just three blocks from Natural Bridges State Beach. Follow the big green Open Studios signs.

No comments: